I ended year 3 of the stash-down quest with a positive allowance for both sock yarn and other yarn. Let´s see how I did in Q1 with the ratio relaxed to 1:1.
For the background story, goals, and rules, take a look at my plan for 2016.
- I knit 4 pairs of socks
- I knit myself a sweater out of Malabrigo Rios (1241 yards, used less than the pattern called for)
- I knit toddler garments out of 234 yards of Dale Babyull (deep stash), 827 yards of Nostebarn 2ply (deep stash), and 551 yards of Garnstudio DROPS Lace
- I finished a pair of gloves from 2014 at 245 yards and knit Amalie a pair of fingerless mitts out of left-over sock yarn (66 yards) – both pairs from deep stash
- I knit a stranded, steeked colorwork blanket using 1412 yards of the 5 skeins of sockyarn I bought for this (used less than the pattern called for). I´ll be counting this as yardage since it is neither socks nor shawl as per the rules
- 7 skeins of Malabrigo Yarn Rios for a sweater that is already off the needles (1470 yards)
- 11 balls of Rowan Pure Wool 4ply with 40% discount for garments for the girls (1913 yards, two projects already started)
- 6 balls of Sandnes Garn Tynn merinoull to make baby garments, including a baby shower gift (1148 yards)
- 11 skeins of Cascade Yarns Heritage Solids & Quatro (sock yarn), of which 5 was for a blanket that has been finished
- 3 skeins of Hazel Knits sock yarn that the Husband brought back from Seattle
At the beginning of January, my unspent allowance was 18.5 balls of sock yarn and 100 yards of any yarn.
I used 4 skeins of sock yarn and 4576 yards of other yarn and added 14 skeins of sock yarn and 4531 yards of other yarn. This puts my Q1 numbers at -10 balls of sock yarn and 45 yards of any yarn.
My accumulated unspent allowance by the end of March is 8.5 balls of sock yarn and 145 yards of any yarn. YAY, the numbers are still green!!!