The stash-down quest continues and this month has been all out!. If you missed the first post in this quest series, you can read about how it all started in the January post.
My current rules and goals are:
- Knit up as much as possible from Deep Stash (2010 or earlier)
- Knit up the 3 sweaters worth of yarn bought in the fall, 2012 (2 of 3 finished)
- Buy no wool yarn from Sandnes Garn or Per Tyrving (I hate working with it!)
- 1:1 ratio for fingering sock yarn – Knit one pair of adult socks or a shawl, may buy 100g of new sock yarn
- 1:5 ratio for all other yarns, based on yardage
- It is OK to buy yarn for specific projects for the kids, especially daycare sweaters, but the project must be started within 2 months of purchase
- Yardage from my pre-2012 sweater UFOs do not count (mostly knit, need finishing), but the two scarves do count
- Vacation yarns do not count (but may only buy yarns not available at local-to-me yarn stores (LYSes))
- Gifts and prizes do not count
So, how did I do for July?
- I made a crochet tote out of 343 yards of fingering cotton yarn (deep stash).
- I made a lace top out of 768 yards of DK cotton (deep stash).
- I knit a lace shawl out of 1313 yards of lace weight (bought for this specific project in May this year).
- I knit 12 hexiflats and a preemie hat out of 148 yards of fingering weight left-overs.
At the beginning of the month, my unspent allowance was 11.5 balls of sock yarn and 221 yards of any yarn. No yarn in!
I used 2527 yards of yarn for projects. All projects except the shawl were made out of deep stash yarns. This brings my July numbers up to 0 balls of sock yarn and 514 yards of any yarn.
My accumulated unspent allowance is now up to 11.5 balls of sock yarn and 735 yards of any yarn.