The stash-down quest continues even when on vacation! If you missed the first post in this quest series, you can read about how it all started in the January post.
My current rules and goals are:
- Knit up as much as possible from Deep Stash (2010 or earlier)
- Knit up the 3 sweaters worth of yarn bought in the fall, 2012 (2 of 3 finished)
- Buy no wool yarn from Sandnes Garn or Per Tyrving (I hate working with it!)
- 1:1 ratio for fingering sock yarn – Knit one pair of adult socks or a shawl, may buy 100g of new sock yarn
- 1:5 ratio for all other yarns, based on yardage
- It is OK to buy yarn for specific projects for the kids, especially daycare sweaters, but the project must be started within 2 months of purchase
- Yardage from my pre-2012 sweater UFOs do not count (mostly knit, need finishing), but the two scarves do count
- Vacation yarns do not count (but may only buy yarns not available at local-to-me yarn stores (LYSes))
- Gifts and prizes do not count
So, how did I do for August?
- I made two crochet totes out of 343 yards of DK cotton (partially deep stash).
- I knit two adult pairs of socks and a toddler pair using up the left-overs. This removed 728 yards of fingering sock yarn from deep stash.
- I knit 6 hexiflats out of 54 yards of fingering weight left-overs.
- One 50g / 125y ball of Dale of Norway/Dalegarn Lerke because I ran out of left-overs crocheting the last tote. I used half of the ball to complete the project.
At the beginning of the month, my unspent allowance was 11.5 balls of sock yarn and 735 yards of any yarn. 125 yards in.
I used 1359 yards of yarn for projects. All projects were made (partially) out of deep stash yarns. This brings my August numbers up to 2 balls of sock yarn and 147 yards of any yarn.
My accumulated unspent allowance is now up to 13.5 balls of sock yarn and 882 yards of any yarn.