The stash-down quest continues – it is deep fall and not a lot of knitting time. If you missed the first post in this quest series, you can read about how it all started in the January post.
My current rules and goals are:
- Knit up as much as possible from Deep Stash (2010 or earlier)
- Knit up the 3 sweaters worth of yarn bought in the fall, 2012 (2 of 3 finished, last one on the needles)
- Buy no wool yarn from Sandnes Garn or Per Tyrving (I hate working with it!)
- 1:1 ratio for fingering sock yarn – Knit one pair of adult socks or a shawl, may buy 100g of new sock yarn
- 1:5 ratio for all other yarns, based on yardage
- It is OK to buy yarn for specific projects for the kids, especially daycare sweaters, but the project must be started within 2 months of purchase
- Yardage from my pre-2012 sweater UFOs do not count (mostly knit, need finishing), but the two scarves do count
- Vacation yarns do not count (but may only buy yarns not available at local-to-me yarn stores (LYSes))
- Gifts and prizes do not count
So, how did I do for October?
- I knit 8 colorwork mini mittens out of 140 yards of sport weight Dalegarn Falk (bought for this project in September)
- I knit 2 preemie hats out of 74 yards of fingering weight left-overs (deep stash)
- I completed a blanket out of 924 yards of sport weight left-over from my Kauni Marius
- 7 50g / 116y ball of Dale of Norway/Dalegarn Falk to knit a sweater for Amalie. Project is cast on
At the beginning of the month, my unspent allowance was 12.5 balls of sock yarn and 352 yards of any yarn. 812 yards in.
I used 1138 yards of yarn for projects. Two projects were made out of deep stash yarns, and the large FO used sweater left-overs. This brings my October numbers up to 228 yards of any yarn.
My accumulated unspent allowance is now down to 12.5 balls of sock yarn and -232 yards of any yarn.