It is time for the end-of-month housekeeping again. I’ve completed one main project – a sweater – for the #ravellenicgames:
Archive for March, 2014
The stash-down quest continues and we even had some winter this month.
For the background story, take a look at my plan for 2014.
My current rules and goals are:
- Craft exclusively from pre-2014 stash in Q1 (Harry Potter knitting and crochet house cup Winter2014 #stashterm)
- In general, knit up as much as possible from Deep Stash (older than two years)
- Vanish all 2009 yarn of light fingering weight or thicker
- Vanish all 2010-2013 yarn of sport weight or thicker
- 1:1 ratio for fingering sock yarn – Knit one pair of adult socks or a shawl, may buy 100g of new sock yarn
- 1:5 ratio for all other yarns, based on yardage
- Yardage in is when the yarn enters the house. Yardage out is when a WIP becomes an FO or yarn is gifted/donated/traded
- Vacation yarns do not count (but may only buy yarns not available at local-to-me yarn stores (LYSes)
- Gifts and prizes do not count
So, how did I do for February?
- I knit a child´s sweater out of 787 yards of 2-ply lace weight yarn (#stashterm, and one colorway deep stash, 2011 and 2012)
- I knit 3 hexiflats, insignificant yardage of fingering weight scraps
- One skein of self-striping fingering sock yarn (460 yards) from Sunset Stitches´yarn club (prepaid in 2013)
At the beginning of the month, my unspent allowance was 9.5 balls of sock yarn and 875 yards of any yarn.
I acquired one ball of sock yarn, and I used 787 yards of other yarn. This brings my February numbers up to 1 ball of sock yarn and 157 yards of any yarn.
My accumulated unspent allowance is 8.5 balls of sock yarn and 1032 yards of any yarn.