The stash-down quest continues and March turned out to be an easy month to summarize.
For the background story, take a look at my plan for 2014.
My current rules and goals are:
- Craft exclusively from pre-2014 stash in Q1 (Harry Potter knitting and crochet house cup Winter2014 #stashterm)
- In general, knit up as much as possible from Deep Stash (older than two years)
- Vanish all 2009 yarn of light fingering weight or thicker
- Vanish all 2010-2013 yarn of sport weight or thicker
- 1:1 ratio for fingering sock yarn – Knit one pair of adult socks or a shawl, may buy 100g of new sock yarn
- 1:5 ratio for all other yarns, based on yardage
- Yardage in is when the yarn enters the house. Yardage out is when a WIP becomes an FO or yarn is gifted/donated/traded
- Vacation yarns do not count (but may only buy yarns not available at local-to-me yarn stores (LYSes)
- Gifts and prizes do not count
So, how did I do for March?
- I knit two pairs of fingering weight socks (#stashterm, and one colorway deep stash, 2009)
- I knit two mini socks, insignificant yardage of fingering weight scraps
At the beginning of the month, my unspent allowance was 8.5 balls of sock yarn and 1032 yards of any yarn.
I acquired NO yarn, and I used two skeins of sock yarn. This brings my March numbers up to 2 balls of sock yarn.
My accumulated unspent allowance is 10.5 balls of sock yarn and 1032 yards of any yarn.