The time for the end-of-month housekeeping for June. I’ve completed five pairs of socks:
Archive for July, 2014
The stash-down quest continues and the Sock Madness tournament and a LYS sale had a huge impact on the second quarter of the year.
For the background story, take a look at my plan for 2014.
My current rules and goals are:
- In general, knit up as much as possible from Deep Stash (older than two years)
- Vanish all 2009 yarn of light fingering weight or thicker
- Vanish all 2010-2013 yarn of sport weight or thicker
- 1:1 ratio for fingering sock yarn – Knit one pair of adult socks or a shawl, may buy 100g of new sock yarn
- 1:5 ratio for all other yarns, based on yardage
- Yardage in is when the yarn enters the house. Yardage out is when a WIP becomes an FO or yarn is gifted/donated/traded
- Vacation yarns do not count (but may only buy yarns not available at local-to-me yarn stores (LYSes)
- Gifts and prizes do not count
So, how did I do for April, May, and June?
- I knit 11 pairs of fingering weight socks (one pair deep stash)
- I knit two preemie hats out of 102 yards of leftover sock yarn
- I knit a baby cardigan out of 360 yards fingering baby wool (deep stash 2010)
- I knit a baby cardigan and hat out of 286 yards light fingering yarn (deep stash 2011)
- I crochet a mat out of 244 yards of cotton (deep stash 2010)
Although the small pile, I only shopped twice during these three months. Once during Easter vacation in Egersund, because I did not pack for the Sock Madness pair calling for a main color and seven contrasts. And then my favorite LYS had an anniversary sale at which I found a 35% discount coupon in the treasure hunt.
- 10 50g balls (equals 5 skeins of sock yarn) of Sandnes Garn Sisu Solids for SockMadness
- 1 100g ball of Katia Olé Socks Jeans for SockMadness
- 1 100g ball of Opal sparkly purple sock yarn for advent socks
- 6 50g / 125 yard balls of Dale Lerke to knit another raglan hoodie for the kids (750 yards)
- 6 50g / 155 yards of Dale Lillelerke to knit Amalie a dress (930 yards)
- 1 50g / 306 yard ball of Katia Jaipur lace weight
At the beginning of the month, my unspent allowance was 10.5 balls of sock yarn and 1032 yards of any yarn. 7 skeins of sock yarn and 1986 yards in.
I used 11 skeins of sock yarn and 992 yards of other yarn. This brings my Q2 numbers up to 11 balls of sock yarn and 198 yards of any yarn.
My accumulated unspent allowance is 14.5 balls of sock yarn and -756 yards of any yarn.
The time for the end-of-month housekeeping is long past due. I’ve completed six pairs of socks, two baby sweaters, a baby hat, two preemie hats, and a crochet mat: