The stash-down quest continues in a timely manner. I have to admit doing some damage at the going-out-of-business sale at my favorite LYS. But seriously, who walks away from 40% discount on sweater quantities in identical dye lots?
For the background story, take a look at my plan for 2014.
My current rules and goals are:
- In general, knit up as much as possible from Deep Stash (older than two years)
- Vanish all 2009 yarn of light fingering weight or thicker
- Vanish all 2010-2013 yarn of sport weight or thicker
- 1:1 ratio for fingering sock yarn – Knit one pair of adult socks or a shawl, may buy 100g of new sock yarn
- 1:5 ratio for all other yarns, based on yardage
- Yardage in is when the yarn enters the house. Yardage out is when a WIP becomes an FO or yarn is gifted/donated/traded
- Vacation yarns do not count (but may only buy yarns not available at local-to-me yarn stores (LYSes)
- Gifts and prizes do not count
So, how did I do for July?
- I knit 2 pairs of fingering weight socks
- I knit a cardigan and a vest out of 600 yards worsted alpaca left over from DH´s sweater
- I crochet a shawl out of two skeins of fingering yarn (836 yards (deep stash and making a dent in the 2009 bin!)
- I knit a dress out of 930 yards fingering yarn (bought on the LYS May sale for this purpose)
- 3 50g balls (1.5 skeins of sock yarn) of Regia Silk for Tour de Sock
- 1 100g ball of Opal sock yarn
- 5 50g / 125 yard balls of Dale Lerke to knit another raglan hoodie for the kids (626 yards)
- 3 25g / 137 yard balls of Katia Galaxy for an advent doily or table runner (411 yards)
- 40 50g / 116 yard balls of Dale Falk for at least two adult sweaters (4640 yards)
At the beginning of the month, my unspent allowance was 14.5 balls of sock yarn and -756 yards of any yarn. 2.5 skeins of sock yarn and 5677 yards in.
I used 2 skeins of sock yarn and 2366 yards of other yarn. This brings my numbers up to 2 balls of sock yarn and 473 yards of any yarn.
My accumulated unspent allowance is 14 balls of sock yarn and -5960 yards of any yarn. Looks like I have to get a lot of UFOs off the needles in the upcoming months…