The stash-down quest dives into its third year focusing on stash curation.
For the background story, take a look at my plan for 2015.
My current rules and goals are:
- In general, knit up as much as possible from Deep Stash (older than two years)
- Vanish all pre 2015 Dale Baby Ull and Nostebarn / Askeladen Merino-lammeuld (2 ply)
- Vanish all pre 2015 yarn of sport weight or thicker
- 1:1 ratio for fingering sock yarn – Knit one pair of adult socks or a shawl, may buy 100g of new sock yarn
- 1:3 ratio for all other yarns, based on yardage
- Yardage in is when the yarn enters the house. Yardage out is when a WIP becomes an FO or yarn is gifted/donated/traded
- Vacation yarns do not count (but may only buy yarns not available at local-to-me yarn stores (LYSes)
- Gifts and prizes do not count
So, how did I do for the first quarter of 2015?
- I knit three hats out of 774 yards Nostebarn held double (deep stash)
- I knit a shawl out of 1230 yards of fingering weight left overs (deep stash)
- I knit 7 pairs of socks and 1 shawl out of fingering weight yarn (2 FOs deep stash, 5 skeins bought for these specific socks)
- I knit 2 pairs of mini socks and an egg cozy out of 55 yards of fingering weight left overs (deep stash)
- I bought six skeins of Cascade Heritage sock yarn for specific patterns. Already used five of them.
- I won a skein of sock yarn as grand prize in the HPKCHC Ravenclaw mini sock sprint Winter term 2015. Donated by bacs.
- I received the first shipment of the 2015 yarn club DH gifted me for Christmas – a skein of Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Mediumweight.
At the beginning of the year, my unspent allowance was 16.5 balls of sock yarn and -4472 yards of any yarn.
I used 8 skeins of sock yarn and 2059 yards of other yarn and added 6 skeins of sock yarn. This puts my Q1 numbers at 2 balls of sock yarn and 686 yards of any yarn.
My accumulated unspent allowance by the end of March is 18.5 balls of sock yarn and -3786 yards of any yarn.