We have reached the half-way mark of 2015, and the stash is still shrinking.
For the background story, take a look at my plan for 2015.
My current rules and goals are:
- In general, knit up as much as possible from Deep Stash (older than two years)
- Vanish all pre 2015 Dale Baby Ull and Nostebarn / Askeladen Merino-lammeuld (2 ply)
- Vanish all pre 2015 yarn of sport weight or thicker
- 1:1 ratio for fingering sock yarn – Knit one pair of adult socks or a shawl, may buy 100g of new sock yarn
- 1:3 ratio for all other yarns, based on yardage
- Yardage in is when the yarn enters the house. Yardage out is when a WIP becomes an FO or yarn is gifted/donated/traded
- Vacation yarns do not count (but may only buy yarns not available at local-to-me yarn stores (LYSes)
- Gifts and prizes do not count
So, how did I do for the second quarter of 2015?
- I knit 7 pairs of adult socks out of fingering weight yarn (3 FOs deep stash + used the last skein of Cascade Heritage bought in Q1)
- I knit a baby sweater out of 367 yards sport weight (deep stash)
- I knit two child sweaters (806 yards) and a pair of knee highs (568 yards) out mostly sport/DK yarn from the 2014 LYS sales
- I knit four baby items out of two skeins of Malabrigo Sock (880 yards, deep stash)
- I knit 10 preemie hats and 6 pairs of child socks out of 1347 yards misc left-over sock yarn (mostly deep stash)
- I bought one ball of Stray Cat Socks Self Striping Yarn from Etsy.
- I bought three skeins of Cascade Heritage sock yarn for Tour de Sock.
- I bought nine 50g balls (1647 yards)f Garnstudio DROPS Baby Alpaca Silk to knit dresses for the girls. Both dresses are bond off and awaiting buttons.
- I won second place in Sock Madness 9 and have been gifted four skeins of sock yarn as prizes.
- I received the April and June shipments of the 2015 yarn club DH gifted me for Christmas – two skeins of Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Lightweight.
At the beginning of April, my unspent allowance was 18.5 balls of sock yarn and -3786 yards of any yarn.
I used 7 skeins of sock yarn and 3968 yards of other yarn and added 4 skeins of sock yarn plus 1647 yards of other yarn. This puts my Q2 numbers at 3 balls of sock yarn and -324 yards of any yarn.
My accumulated unspent allowance by the end of June is 21.5 balls of sock yarn and -4110 yards of any yarn.