The third quarter of 2015 took a big bite of the stash!
For the background story, take a look at my plan for 2015.
My current rules and goals are:
- In general, knit up as much as possible from Deep Stash (older than two years)
- Vanish all pre 2015 Dale Baby Ull and Nostebarn / Askeladen Merino-lammeuld (2 ply)
- Vanish all pre 2015 yarn of sport weight or thicker
- 1:1 ratio for fingering sock yarn – Knit one pair of adult socks or a shawl, may buy 100g of new sock yarn
- 1:3 ratio for all other yarns, based on yardage
- Yardage in is when the yarn enters the house. Yardage out is when a WIP becomes an FO or yarn is gifted/donated/traded
- Vacation yarns do not count (but may only buy yarns not available at local-to-me yarn stores (LYSes)
- Gifts and prizes do not count
So, how did I do for the third quarter of 2015?
- I knit a baby blanket out of 842 yards of fingering weight deep stash
- I knit 2 dresses out of yarn bought for these in Q2 (1332 yards)
- I knit 2 hats and 5 sweater out of 2068 yards fingering weight from deep stash
- I used up the last of the Nostebarn lanolin yarn (153 yards, deep stash)
- I finished a crochet dress and bolero started in 2003 (2270 yards)
- I finished a cardigan for me started in 2010 and knit a toddler sweater out of the left-overs (1580 yards)
- I knit 2 child sweaters and a hat out of the reminder of Dale Lerke from the 2014 LYS sales (825 yards)
- I finished another UFO cardigan for me and knit myself a second sweater out of the left-overs (1312 yards)
- I knit 4 adult hats for charity out of 6 balls of Dale Falk from the 2014 LYS sale (696 yards)
- I knit 1 pair of adult socks out of fingering weight yarn (skein of Cascade Heritage bought in Q2)
- I bought two skeins of Garnstudio DROPS Lace (1750 yards) for a shawl that got cast on as soon as the yarn arrived.
- I bought one skein of Leading Men Fiber Arts Soliloquy (sock yarn) on their annual sale.
- I bought two skeins of Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sport Multi (400 yards)
- I won a podcast contest and have been gifted a skein of sock yarn as prize.
- I received July and September shipments of the 2015 yarn club DH gifted me for Christmas – two skeins of Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Lightweight.
At the beginning of July, my unspent allowance was 21.5 balls of sock yarn and -4110 yards of any yarn.
I used 1 skeins of sock yarn and 11078 (!!!) yards of other yarn and added 1 skein of sock yarn plus 2150 yards of other yarn. This puts my Q3 numbers at 0 balls of sock yarn and 1543 yards of any yarn.
My accumulated unspent allowance by the end of September is 21.5 balls of sock yarn and -2567 yards of any yarn.