The last quarter of 2015 reveals a shocking truth!
For the background story, take a look at my plan for 2015.
My current rules and goals are:
- In general, knit up as much as possible from Deep Stash (older than two years)
- Vanish all pre 2015 Dale Baby Ull and Nostebarn / Askeladen Merino-lammeuld (2 ply)
- Vanish all pre 2015 yarn of sport weight or thicker
- 1:1 ratio for fingering sock yarn – Knit one pair of adult socks or a shawl, may buy 100g of new sock yarn
- 1:3 ratio for all other yarns, based on yardage
- Yardage in is when the yarn enters the house. Yardage out is when a WIP becomes an FO or yarn is gifted/donated/traded
- Vacation yarns do not count (but may only buy yarns not available at local-to-me yarn stores (LYSes)
- Gifts and prizes do not count
So, how did I do wrapping up 2015?
- I knit a doll blanket out of 315 yards from deep stash
- I knit a huge shawl out of 1059 yards of fingering weight, partially deep stash
- I crochet a doily out of 411 yards from the 2014 LYS sale
- I knit an adult sweater vest and 2 hats out of 1150 yards Dale Falk from the 2014 LYS sale
- I knit a beaded lace weight shawl out of 1005 yards bought in Q3
- I knit a sweater, a snow suit and 2 hats out of Nostebarn deep stash (3402 yards)
- I knit preemie hats, ornaments, and blanket squares out of 660 yards of scraps
- I bought 3 skeins of Cascade Heritage sock yarn for a test knit I was approved for
- I received the final shipments of the 2015 yarn club DH gifted me for Christmas – a skein of Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Lightweight.
At the beginning of October, my unspent allowance was 21.5 balls of sock yarn and -2567 yards of any yarn.
I used 0 skeins of sock yarn and 8002 yards of other yarn and added 3 skein of sock yarn. This puts my Q4 numbers at -3 balls of sock yarn and 2667 yards of any yarn.
My accumulated unspent allowance by the end of December is 18.5 balls of sock yarn and 100 yards of any yarn. THE NUMBERS ARE NO LONGER RED!!!