The stash-down quest has been on hiatus in terms of accountability reporting. However, my fall 2014 crafting was heavily influenced by the quest goals.
For the background story, take a look at my plan for 2014.
My current rules and goals are:
- In general, knit up as much as possible from Deep Stash (older than two years)
- Vanish all 2009 yarn of light fingering weight or thicker
- Vanish all 2010-2013 yarn of sport weight or thicker
- 1:1 ratio for fingering sock yarn – Knit one pair of adult socks or a shawl, may buy 100g of new sock yarn
- 1:5 ratio for all other yarns, based on yardage
- Yardage in is when the yarn enters the house. Yardage out is when a WIP becomes an FO or yarn is gifted/donated/traded
- Vacation yarns do not count (but may only buy yarns not available at local-to-me yarn stores (LYSes)
- Gifts and prizes do not count
So, how did I do for the end of 2014?
- I knit 1 pair of socks and 1 shawl out of fingering weight yarn
- I knit a pair of slippers out of 232 yards of fingering weight yarn
- I knit an adult and a child sized sweater out of 2142 yards sport weight yarn. Using the majority of one of the two sweater quantities from the LYS sale, and 510y of this came from the heavy weight category
- I knit a child sized sweater out of 1476 yards of deep stash baby wool
- I knit a baby blanket out of 1352 yards deep stash baby wool
- I knit a soaker out of 65 yards deep stash and the heavy weight category
- I knit a newborn cardigan out of 180 yards deep stash and the heavy weight category
- I knit multiple accessories using 830 yards
- 334 yards from deep stash
- 382 yards from the 2009 bin
- 376 yards from the heavy weight category
- I gifted 1 100g skein of sock yarn and 6 balls of Dale Falk, 1161 yards total.
At the beginning of the month, my unspent allowance was 14.5 balls of sock yarn and -5960 yards of any yarn.
I used 2 skeins of sock yarn and 7438 yards of other yarn. This brings my numbers up to 2 balls of sock yarn and 1488 yards of any yarn.
My accumulated unspent allowance by the end of the year is 16.5 balls of sock yarn and -4472 yards of any yarn.