We are almost half-way through 2015, and it is time for the grand plan to get digitalized from its pen&paper draft.
My long term objective (beyond the obvious overall stash reduction) is that the majority of my stash is sock yarn, simply because that is what resonates with my crafting.
My revised rules and goals for 2015 are:
- In general, knit up as much as possible from Deep Stash (older than two years)
- Vanish all pre 2015 Dale Baby Ull and Nostebarn / Askeladen Merino-lammeuld (2 ply)
- Vanish all pre 2015 yarn of sport weight or thicker
- 1:1 ratio for fingering sock yarn – Knit one pair of adult socks or a shawl, may buy 100g of new sock yarn
- 1:3 ratio for all other yarns, based on yardage
- Yardage in is when the yarn enters the house. Yardage out is when a WIP becomes an FO or yarn is gifted/donated/traded
- Vacation yarns do not count (but may only buy yarns not available at local-to-me yarn stores (LYSes)
- Gifts and prizes do not count
As before, I will not reveal the overall size of the stash in terms of skeins/balls or yardage, but I will report on yarn going in and out 🙂